Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So this is a bit... strange?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So this is a bit... strange? Empty So this is a bit... strange? Sat Jan 09, 2016 6:41 pm

_Ion

_Ion

Kind of out of the blue, and kind of a sweet and sour taste.

Almost all of my most memorable gaming moments were made on Dark Matter, thank you so much, really I mean it. But the previous fall and several months, almost a year, downfall of it made me sad and more left with nothing. All of the close knit guys still have a call together(ish) and I say ish because we all went our own ways whatever that may be. So it makes me sweet and sour to say hi to the server once again. Its really conflicting.

Although I have a few questions,

Will previous positions be filled again? I mean by that to be ranks, staff OR donation?

Will this be treated like an entirely new server or feel like a continuation of the past? Personally I'd love to have the good times roll, but I know its never going to feel exactly the same as before.

I love you all <3

2So this is a bit... strange? Empty Re: So this is a bit... strange? Sun Jan 10, 2016 6:44 am

FunK

FunK
Super Admin

_Ion wrote:
Although I have a few questions,

Will previous positions be filled again? I mean by that to be ranks, staff OR donation?

Will this be treated like an entirely new server or feel like a continuation of the past? Personally I'd love to have the good times roll, but I know its never going to feel exactly the same as before.

I love you all <3

First off sorry for the late reply. I was out today/yesterday (it's 6am so I'm not in the best of conditions).

Regarding previous positions, my original intent was to address this in the group announcement, however upon typing it out I decided it was better to just make it short and not a huge text wall. I cannot safely guarantee all previous positions will be returned, in terms of donation and/or staff. We decided to change our donations in a way that being a donator in regards to rank/position is no longer permanent. In other words, we moved to a subscription/pay monthly model. That being said, I will of course compensate previous donators. Same goes for staff positions. I cannot safely guarantee ALL previous staff ranks to everyone. Rest assured, those that were most diligent will be given priority.

I am treating this as a completely new server. However, I view it as both for a variety of reasons. Garry's Mod, DarkRP, all the addons, those have updated and evolved to such an extent that updating the original server wouldn't be worth the migraines. Much has changed in contrast to the original server, which is why I cannot call it a continuation. My goal is to take what was good in the past and apply to the future, so in that sense, I treat this as a continuation.

- Cheers

https://darkmatterrp.forumotion.com

3So this is a bit... strange? Empty Re: So this is a bit... strange? Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:02 pm

KickButtYoda

KickButtYoda

So, if I'm reading this right (and correct me if I'm wrong), some returning players may retain their staff rank, if they had one, but since the overall donation system is being overhauled, they're status will have to change.

4So this is a bit... strange? Empty Re: So this is a bit... strange? Fri Jan 15, 2016 2:14 pm

FunK

FunK
Super Admin

KickButtYoda wrote:So, if I'm reading this right (and correct me if I'm wrong), some returning players may retain their staff rank, if they had one, but since the overall donation system is being overhauled, they're status will have to change.

The reason why I say some returning players who previously attained a staff position may be given their position is because I don't want to set expectations or make any empty promises. Staff is a position that shouldn't be oversaturated, so I can't guarantee everyone a position.

The donation system has been changed, so that it's no longer permanent. For that reason, it would be insensible to offer an unlimited amount of donator status as compensation. All previous donators will be compensated for their donations. I'm not trying nor was trying to steal people's money. I am and will be forever thankful for those who have supported us in the past and I will compensate for their previous donations. In other words, before we had it so you paid like $25 for permanent VIP right? Now it's like, X amount of $ a month for VIP or whatever. It's a monthly subscription model now.

Sorry if you couldn't understand me in the earlier post, I couldn't really think right because it was in the midst of an all nighter xd hopefully this clears things up Smile

https://darkmatterrp.forumotion.com

5So this is a bit... strange? Empty Re: So this is a bit... strange? Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:51 pm

KickButtYoda

KickButtYoda

Ok, cool. Just checking.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum